The locafy.services and associated Locafy websites are owned and operated by Moboom Ltd (ABN 46 136 737 767) (together “Locafy”). Moboom Ltd owns and operates other websites hosted on domain names other than locafy.services.
If hyperlinks and other redirection tools taking the user to other websites operated by third parties appear on the website, you acknowledge that these websites (“Outside Sites”) are not controlled by Locafy and do not form part the Locafy website and agree that you will not hold Locafy liable or in any way accountable for anything that occurs on Outside Sites.
By using the website you agree to abide by and acknowledge the following disclaimer.
• Locafy simply operates a marketplace platform and is not involved in the actual transaction between business users and customers who contract their services after first being introduced via the website.
• We have no control over the truth, accuracy, quality, safety or legality of the items or services offered by business users, the ability of businesses to provide services or the ability of customers to buy services. We cannot censure and do not guarantee that a customer or business user will actually complete a transaction or act lawfully in using the website.
• Locafy cannot and does not confirm each business user’s purported identity.
• In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users of the website, you release Locafy (and our directors, agents, contractors, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, and employees from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature arising (whether directly or indirectly) out of such dispute.
• You are responsible for completing all transactions in which you participate (including monitoring the status of, and complying with all relevant legal and other obligations). We do not control, endorse or approve the services provided by the users of the website.
• You acknowledge and release Locafy in the event that you deal with underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
You agree to accept the sole responsibility for the legality of your actions used the laws which apply to you. You agree that Locafy has no responsibility for the legality of the actions of users of the website or Locafy services.
Locafy reserves the right to record phone calls between you and Locafy employees or Locafy agents for training purposes.
Personal Information & Privacy
Locafy collects personal information from a variety of sources, including from members of the public, advertisers, mailing lists, contractors and business partners. In general, the personal information Locafy collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
Locafy stores the personal information you enter on the website. Locafy obtains most personal information through the website enquiry form process. You may, however, provide information through a variety of different means (for example if you contact Locafy via email, or answering questions asked by staff or agents of Locafy over the phone).
How Locafy uses your Personal Information
Locafy may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. Locafy generally uses personal information to:
1. personalise and customise your experience on the website;
2. help Locafy manage and enhance its services;
3. communicate with you by email, SMS message or telephone; and
4. provide you with ongoing information about opportunities on the website which Locafy believes you may be interested by email, SMS message or telephone.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Locafy may use and disclose information relating to a user’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion, membership of a trade union or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law unless the user has agreed otherwise.
Management & Security of Personal Information
Locafy protects the personal information Locafy holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, password access, secure servers and data encryption.
Accessing Personal Information
You have the right to seek access to the personal information Locafy holds about you and to advise Locafy of any inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act.
If you make an access request, Locafy will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Locafy may charge you a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
Licence to Use Your Information